[ZDP] BackTalk to Document The Zope Book (2.5 Edition)/Users and Security

webmaster@zope.org webmaster@zope.org
Thu, 05 Dec 2002 11:36:01 -0500

A comment to the paragraph below was recently added via http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/current/Security.stx#3-3

---------------

      When you access a protected resource (for example, by viewing a
      private web page) Zope will ask you to log in and will look for
      your user account. This is the authentication process.  Note that
      Zope will only authenticate you if you ask for a protected
      resource; if you only access public resources Zope will continue
      to assume you are anonymous.

        % Anonymous User - May 28, 2002 11:46 am:
         How do you protect a resource? For example, how can I make my index page only available to those with
         authorisation? Could you provide a link to a section that explains this? Thanks!

        % Anonymous User - May 28, 2002 12:59 pm:
         Visit the Security tab of the index object, and for the View permission unclick "Acquire", and select the
         "Authenticated" role as the only role given this permission.

        % Anonymous User - Dec. 5, 2002 11:35 am: