[ZDP] BackTalk to Document The Zope Book (2.5 Edition)/Using Zope

webmaster@zope.org webmaster@zope.org
Sat, 16 Nov 2002 11:57:57 -0500

A comment to the paragraph below was recently added via http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/current/UsingZope.stx#3-23

---------------

      This unpacks Zope into a new directory. Enter the Zope directory and
      run the Zope installer script::

        $ cd Zope-2.4.0-src
        $ python wo_pcgi.py

        % Anonymous User - Nov. 16, 2002 11:57 am:
         You should also say how to install it, if one wants to run as another user rather than root or nobody. I've
         set the sticky bit in the var directory and changed the ownership to root, but I'm having problems when
         accessing my Zope site. Why don't you write what are the recomended ownerships of the zope files and
         directories? There're two how-to's I have as a reference and both differ when talking about this subject. So,
         I guess it would be nice if there is an official version.