[ZDP] BackTalk to Document The Zope Book (2.5 Edition)/Advanced Zope Scripting

webmaster@zope.org webmaster@zope.org
Wed, 27 Nov 2002 07:53:02 -0500

A comment to the paragraph below was recently added via http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/current/ScriptingZope.stx#2-6

---------------

    You can add these scripts to your Zope application just like any
    other object.

      % Anonymous User - Sep. 10, 2002 5:31 pm:
       Does this assume that the Perl exe's are installed on the server or is that part of the Zope install?

      % Anonymous User - Sep. 22, 2002 11:23 pm:
       Python scripts. So far the only way it _may_ be possible to add Perl scripts that I found (I am still having
       problems, so it may be not possible :-( ) is to use zoperl, that requires pyperl, that requires re-installing
       Perl...

      % Anonymous User - Oct. 18, 2002 4:33 am:
       How can I install perl script in Zope?

      % Anonymous User - Nov. 27, 2002 7:53 am:
       Perl and Zope is a very hard thing. As i understood you need a Perl version compiled with threading, which is
       considered unstable. So if you want to use Perl and Zope, you have to install 2 Perl versions on your
       computer or you make it the dirty way, an external python method which executes a perl script ):-}