[ZDP] BackTalk to Document The Zope Book (2.5 Edition)/Introducing Zope

webmaster@zope.org webmaster@zope.org
Sat, 05 Oct 2002 03:15:27 -0400

A comment to the paragraph below was recently added via http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/current/IntroducingZope.stx#2-14

---------------

    These features make Zope an ideal environment for programming and
    authoring web content by groups and sub-groups of users.

      % Anonymous User - Apr. 24, 2002 3:40 am:
       I am wondering if Zope -- only-- works with IE or
       can it use Opera or Mozilla.....
       they are browsers also.......

      % Anonymous User - Apr. 25, 2002 5:45 pm:
       my friend uses mozilla and it works perfectly

      % Anonymous User - Apr. 27, 2002 7:31 pm:
       Well I guess it does I'm using Opera right now to access the admin interface.

      % Anonymous User - Apr. 28, 2002 11:30 pm:
       OmniWeb 4.1 works

      % Anonymous User - May 2, 2002 10:40 pm:
       <b>Konqueror</b> works, too.  (If Konqueror is in bold, you can use html
       stuff...)

      % Anonymous User - May 14, 2002 10:51 am:
       ... andi if i see a <b></b> near the word "konqueror" what does it mean? :-P MaNdRiCuS

      % kaleissin - May 16, 2002 12:44 pm:
       What the browser actually gets is, of course, html, so any browser that handles html goes. All the hard stuff
       is done one the server.

      % Anonymous User - May 20, 2002 1:45 am:
       I think Windows Explorer is a file system browser - Internet Explorer is a web browser. (Is there some way to
       turn off the comments? - they really get in the way of the story)

      % mcdonc - May 20, 2002 8:47 am:
       Yes, click the COM button above or below.

      % Anonymous User - Aug. 2, 2002 3:48 am:
       I couldn't get this to work with Mozilla. I have cookies enabled and I even set up JavaScript so that the js
       on this page can set cookies ... but no go. The JavaScript sources look like there would be an alternative
       URL one could open (something like .../IntroducingZope.stx?suppresscomments=1) but I can't quite figure it
       out just from looking at the code. Could someone who is more knowledgeable follow up with a URL for those of
       us who are not fortunate enough to have a compatible browser?
       (Followup question: Does Zope generally assume users will have JavaScript ... in order to be able to do
       useful things?)

      % Anonymous User - Aug. 5, 2002 6:01 am:
       Sorry, but I'm using Opera 6 and COM button doesn't work with it.

      % Anonymous User - Aug. 12, 2002 4:10 pm:
       "COM" button is not the "Comment" button nearby but an icon "COM off" on the top or bottom bar.

       By the way, its boring to read a book without comments ;-)

      % Anonymous User - Oct. 5, 2002 3:15 am:
       This is the ideal time to join with zope and use Pythen

       We also planning to embed this technology for our company intranet and internet site.

       babie from Srilanka