[ZDP] BackTalk to Document The Zope Book (2.5 Edition)/Introducing Zope
Tue, 17 Sep 2002 15:50:32 -0400
A comment to the paragraph below was recently added via http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/current/IntroducingZope.stx#2-24
Zope is a platform upon which Site Developers create services to be
turned over to Site Designers and Business Users, and Component
Developers distribute new products and services for Zope users world
% Anonymous User - Sep. 17, 2002 3:50 pm:
Well, you zope guys sure like to make enumerations of roles and (unconnected) pieces.
There is a pipeline of content (=text/grafik) from creation to the consumer, all right.
And there is a editing machinery where content gets processed,
the machinery for that being developed and managed.
- *Consumers* = content consumers = unauthorised end user = viewer = (newspaper) reader
- *Business Users* the content creator/maintainer = authorised editor
- *Site Developers* create the editing machinery
- *Site Designers* work hand in hand with Site Developers and make it pretty for editors and consumers.
- *Admins* keep the machine running
- *Information Architects* have the big money bags to boss around, but what is their connection to Zope and
the remaining staff?
- *Component Developers* do what? Isn't software just content=text=bits?
And what exactly is a service and a product?
These are far too foggy abstract marketing words for me.