[ZDP] BackTalk to Document The Zope Book (2.6 Edition)/Searching and Categorizing Content

webmaster at zope.org webmaster at zope.org
Sun Dec 7 06:11:02 EST 2003

A comment to the paragraph below was recently added via http://zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/2_6Edition/SearchingZCatalog.stx#3-80

---------------

      You can use a *Keyword* index to search the 'keywords' property. Define
      a *Keyword* index with the name 'keywords' on your ZCatalog. Then
      catalog your Images. Now you should be able to find all the Images
      that are portraits by creating a search form and searching for
      "Portraits" in the 'keywords' field. You can also find all pictures
      that represent 19th Century subjects by searching for "19th
      Century".

        % Anonymous User - Dec. 7, 2003 6:11 am:
         ops, it was "you cannot retrieve".

         there's a bug in pluginindexes, in common/util.py. When you have a record with an empty value, the variable
         key is not None as when you've an empty string. I was unable to delete the entry in the REQUEST, so I've
         patched util.py to send back None if keys is empty, when it is a record.