[ZDP] OK I give up .. whats the secret

Chris McDonough chrism@zope.com
29 May 2003 17:51:47 -0400

Apparently the distribution of Zope you installed has a default
administrator username/password pair.  You'd probably need to contact
the distribution packager (SuSE?) to find out what it is.

But you can also probably put a file named "access" in the "main" Zope
directory on the hard drive (wherever that is, in your particular case)
which has the following contents:

superuser:123

Then run Zope, fire up your web browser pointing to /manage of your
Zope, log in as superuser (password 123), and visit the "acl_users"
object in the ZMI and change the password of whatever user exists in
there.

Then close your web browser and relogin as the user whose password you
just changed (you can't just go ahead and use the superuser account for
content management for a variety of reasons, you need to use a user
account which is defined in acl_users).

- C