[ZDP] BackTalk to Document Zope Developer's Guide (2.4 edition)/Components and Interfaces

webmaster at zope.org webmaster at zope.org
Sun Nov 23 10:20:40 EST 2003

A comment to the paragraph below was recently added via http://zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZDG/current/ComponentsAndInterfaces.stx#1-0

---------------

  Zope is becoming a component system. Zope components will be Python
  objects with interfaces that describe them. Right now only some of
  the Zope code base uses interfaces. In coming releases more and more
  of Zope will include interfaces. As a Zope developer you can use
  interfaces right now to build your Zope components.

    % Anonymous User - Jan. 24, 2002 6:48 am - I would move this chapter to the end, because you don't need it to  get the first "hello world" python product.

    % Anonymous User - Jan. 29, 2003 8:59 am:
     (After rading this chapter)Is it ZopeDG or PythonDG???

    % Anonymous User - Nov. 5, 2003 2:59 pm:
     This user comment thing is good. But what would be nice is a user "moderation" which can optionally provide
     some users with ability to filter some comments off, so we can get on with the document.

     Still, this whole thing is cool. Cant believe I have heard of Zope all these days and never gave it a shot
     thinking
     its nothing but another hype :(

     Sorry !

    % Anonymous User - Nov. 23, 2003 10:20 am:
     Maybe you can get a first tutorial about how to write a very minimal product at:
     http://www.zope.org/Members/maxm/HowTo/minimal_01/
     Don't know if it helps. I'm just going through it.