[ZDP] BackTalk to Document The Zope Book (2.6 Edition)/Installing and Starting Zope

webmaster at zope.org webmaster at zope.org
Wed Apr 28 02:44:35 EDT 2004

A comment to the paragraph below was recently added via http://zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/2_6Edition/InstallingZope.stx#3-30

---------------

      Note that unlike most other UNIX programs, the Zope installer
      does not distinguish between a "build" directory and a "install"
      directory.  The "build" directory *is* the "install" directory
      and vice versa.  This means that the place where you unpack Zope
      and in which you run the installer should be the place where you
      want it to ultimately live.  In our exampe case below, we're
      choosing to both unpack and install Zope into
      /home/chrism/Zope-2.5.1-linux2-x86.

        % Anonymous User - Mar. 1, 2004 11:12 pm:
         do you mean "example case below"?

        % Anonymous User - Apr. 28, 2004 2:44 am:
         "instruction tar -xvzf ??.tgz"
         why use pipe instruction....