[ZDP] BackTalk to Document The Zope Book (2.6 Edition)/Zope Concepts and Architecture

webmaster at zope.org webmaster at zope.org
Tue Oct 11 15:18:48 EDT 2005

A comment to the paragraph below was recently added via http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/2_6Edition/ZopeArchitecture.stx#3-19

---------------

      To create and work with Zope objects, you use your Web browser
      to access the Zope management interface. All management and
      application development can be done completely through the Web
      using only a browser. The Zope management interface provides a
      familiar Windows Explorer-like view of the Zope object
      system. Through the management interface a developer can create
      and script Zope objects or even define new kinds of objects,
      without requiring access to the file system of the web server.

        % Anonymous User - June 24, 2004 4:22 pm:
         Should be: Windows-Explorer-like

        % Anonymous User - Aug. 8, 2004 9:30 pm:
         Actually it shouldn't be. Windows Explorer is the name of a program, and you don't change the name in any
         condition.

        % Anonymous User - Oct. 4, 2004 8:36 am:
         Windows Explorer is not neccesarily familiar

        % Anonymous User - Oct. 16, 2004 8:38 pm:
         Should be hierarchical, not Windows Explorer-like

        % Anonymous User - Nov. 27, 2004 5:06 am:
         What about Windows-Exploder-like? seems to be more appropriate

        % Anonymous User - Jan. 24, 2005 4:25 pm:
         What is Windows?

        % Anonymous User - Jan. 25, 2005 6:00 pm:
         The way it is currently implemented is correct. Take a 5th greade English class, please.

        % Anonymous User - Feb. 14, 2005 10:47 pm:
         Current implementation is correct, as above user stated. However, above user misspelled "grade" when
         suggesting others to take a basic English course, which should be classified as funny.

        % Anonymous User - Mar. 10, 2005 6:52 pm:
         I would like to answer the question, "What is Windows?"

         The expression "window" refers to a region on a graphical user interface into which a user enters his input
         and the application displays its output. This typically would be a portion of the display screen on the users
         terminal. A number of operating systems have adopted "windows-style" interfaces, including X-windows, which
         comes with most Unix and Unix-like systems, the original and new MacIntosh operating systems, BeOS, OS/2 just
         to name a few.

        % Anonymous User - Mar. 14, 2005 10:36 pm:
         "Windows Explorer" is a proper noun. You don't f***ing hyphenate it. While I'm at it, grow up you immature
         imbecile and stop cluttering the documentation!

        % Anonymous User - Mar. 22, 2005 9:55 pm:
         ^^^^ Thank you for spoiling the fun I had reading the documentation and comments. Why does there HAVE to be
         an irrespectful person like you anywhere? Off I go to the alternative : 'uncluttered' PDF

        % Anonymous User - Apr. 13, 2005 6:55 am:
         Make it 'Windows Explorer'-like or ((Windows Explorer)-like) or whatever, but please don't spoil the fun.

        % Anonymous User - June 12, 2005 1:22 pm:
         swearing is f***ing fun ;)

        % Anonymous User - Sep. 29, 2005 7:41 am:
         heheheh

        % Anonymous User - Oct. 11, 2005 3:18 pm:
         I must give up...
         I think the zope guys did it on purpose ...

         Are you having fun...?