[Zope-ZEO] ZEO/ZODB and SQL/ODBC storage manager?

David Bolen db3l@fitlinxx.com
Thu, 31 Aug 2000 17:07:29 -0400

I've been looking into using ZEO/ZODB as part of a non-Zope Python
application.  I'm primarily interested up front in its use as a distributed
persistent object store, but the objects in the application are likely to be
created/deleted/changed more frequently than you might see in terms of a
typical Zope web setup, so FileStorage isn't something I'm sure I want to
use.

I'd just like to double check my understanding given searching around in the
currently listed products and documentation - there doesn't seem to
currently exist a storage product that assumes a generic SQL/ODBC back-end,
right?  I found the berkeley storage module (although it's for Sleepycat 2
vs 3) and the Interbase module which is close but I'd probably have to work
on a bit for a different database.

Thanks.

-- David

 \               David Bolen            \   E-mail: db3l@fitlinxx.com  /