[Zope-ZEO] zeo beginner

Monty Taylor mtaylor@goldridge.net
Wed, 06 Dec 2000 17:09:51 +0100

"Kaeidinejad, Shahram" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i need some information about zeo.
> is maybe to install zeo and 2 zope on the same mashine. i use this only for
> "test".
> how can i configure zope or zoe to work together. i think 2 ip-addr. on the
> same mashine??!!

You really don't need to have multiple IP addresses. ZEO Clients and
ZEO Servers talk to each other either through ports that you specify, or
through UNIX sockets ( probably good for you, since it's all on one machine)
The README file from the ZEO distribution has a good step-by-step of how to do
this. But I think you'll be pleased - the process is quite easy and painless.

> do zeo work with apache, too?

ZEO is method for your Zope to talk to it's database. ZEO has nothing to do
with Apache, but Zopes running from ZEO can run through Apache just like
non-ZEO'd Zopes. The way it fits together may be more clear once you step
through the README file.

> that is all at the moment.
>
> bye
>
> Shahram