[Zope-ZEO] ZODB as a standalone server

Fri, 8 Dec 2000 17:36:29 -0500

On Fri, Dec 08, 2000 at 12:59:35PM -0500, Chris McDonough wrote:
>ppml.py (part of Zope) expresses a format for storing Python objects as XML.
>It's the format used by the XML export routines.

Interesting; ppml is probably the easiest to use in order to get a
demo up and running quickly.  But it seems this would be far more
useful if there's some generic DTD that's already supported by other
languages; otherwise you have to write your own support for PPML or
whatever, or just use ZODB+ZEO in the first place!  Unfortunately, all
the DTDs I can find are language-specific, and there doesn't seem to
be one for generic objects, or even for RDBMses.

--amk