[Zope-ZEO] Using ZODB transaction management without ZODB

Itamar Shtull-Trauring zope@maxnm.com
Thu, 28 Dec 2000 19:05:09 +0200

I'm in the need of transaction support for a Python application I'm
developing, and I'd like to use ZODB's support. I'm not using ZODB however,
and I am doing distributed transactions.

As far as I can tell, all I need to do is:

1. import Transaction.py once.
2. have my transaction aware classes inherit from Shared.DC.ZRDB.TM.TM and
implement the appropate methods.
3. Do the whole get_transaction.begin() and commit() thing.

I have noticed that the transaction class does not seem to log what it's
doing, so it won't be able to recover from crashes. Is there anything more I
have to do or know? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

--
Email: zope (at) itamarst.org
Web:   http://itamarst.org