[Zope-ZEO] Round-robin FastCGI

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Thu, 09 Nov 2000 14:50:31 -0800

"Leichtman, David J" wrote:

> In user:paul's ZEO FAQ at zope.org, he mentions that one way of balancing
> multiple Zope installations is through round-robin FastCGI. I'm familiar
> with round-robin DNS, and we are using FastCGI to serve Zope through Apache,
> but I don't understand what he means by "round-robin FastCGI".

This is what I understand it to be (I could be wrong):

The fcgi client (apache) can be used to pass requests to multiple
backend fcgi servers, even ones on different machines.  Using apache
rewrite rules (I would presume) you can direct requests in round robin
or random fasion to your collection of fcgi servers.

-Michel