[Zope-ZEO] Round-robin FastCGI

Jim Fulton jim@digicool.com
Thu, 09 Nov 2000 18:20:58 -0500

Paul Everitt wrote:

> Yes, Michel is correct, rewrite rules are the way to do it.  Note that
> this isn't specific to FastCGI -- there are tutorials about it for proxy
> pass.

Actually, I believe that there are ways to set up mod_fastcgi
so that it does internal round-robin among multiple
FastCGI application processes without having to use rewrite
rules.  I suggest asking about this
on the FastCGI list. See fastcgi.com for details.

There is also a (somewhat expensive) commercial FastCGI
extension for Apache, IIS, and Netscape, that claims
to do real load balancing:

  http://www.fastengines.com/fastserv_v20.shtml

Jim