[Zope-ZEO] Advice

Andy McKay andym@ActiveState.com
Wed, 20 Sep 2000 14:32:26 -0700

Hi just starting to look at Zeo which might save my butt on a few issues,
from reading the docs it would seem it can do these things but any advice
would be great:

- we have imports that happen and suck up resources, plus things such as
packing need to occur. Of course this can totally halt the output from db.
Would ZEO allow me to have two copies of ODB and have one packing, then the
other meaning that one is always available?

- my manager wants me to create a staging server system, changes move from
dev to staging to production. Of course there would only be certain objects
that be moved through this process. I've seen cryptic comments that this is
possible....?

Thanks in advance.

--
  Andy McKay, Developer.