[ZODB-Dev] release

Jim Fulton jim@digicool.com
Mon, 16 Apr 2001 18:29:38 -0400

nw_moriarty Last Name wrote:

> Jim
>
> There were a couple of problems with ZEO and ZODB in the version
> I was using some time ago.  One was the local cache was not being
> updated when another client changed a DB item on the server.  Has
> this been corrected?

This was never a problem to my knowledge. I can imagine that some odd
bug might have caused something like this under some odd conditions in
some early release. I have had no reports of such a problem.

> The other is that when I wish to read an object from the ZODB, the
> entire DB is read (I think by has_keys) before the requeted item is
> returned.  This is very time consuming for a large DB.

I think you must be mistaken.  This would only happen with en extremely
sub-optimal database design. The only way that all of the objects would get
loaded on startup would be if all of your oibjects were contained in the
root object. Even then, only object references would get loaded, not
the object data,

> The last question is about the use of Python 2.1 with ZODB (stand alone or Zope).
>  Does it work, if not what about 2.0?

They both work as far as I know.

Jim