[ZODB-Dev] Packless, Mountable FileStorage?

Tino Wildenhain tino@wildenhain.de
Sat, 11 Aug 2001 13:13:59 +0200

Hi Chris,

--On Samstag, 11. August 2001 09:16 +0100 Chris Withers <chrisw@nipltd.com> wrote:

>> Here's an off-the-wall suggestion: Can you export the Data.fs into a
>> Packless bsddb3Storage?  Then export it back to a FileStorage?
>
> Good plan :-)
>
> I'll try that next time I need to do it. In the end I just binned the
> Data.fs and reimported the necessaries.

I've done that for the poors with Export/Import via ZMI. Sure,
there could be a better solution, but this one was the fastest.

> BTW, has anyone made a packless FileStorage? I'm thinking about making a

Since the current implementation appends changes to the file, it would
be a complete new principle to change this. I think using the
BSDDBStorage gives exactly this without extra developement.

> portal_mail tool for the CMF that would store messages to be sent and then
> send them from another process so you don't get a really long wait if
> viewing a page results in mail messages being sent to lots of people.

Hehe, we share that idea ;)

> This would need a storage for the messages (probably mounted like the CST's
> internal data container) that was packless since it'd be a holding bay in
> the situation I'm thinking of could easily have to handle several hundred
> mails a day.

Is there any clean way to mount different storages into ZODB?
There were several approaches I've seen so far and none worked
quite perfect.

Cheers
Tino