[ZODB-Dev] Packless, Mountable FileStorage?

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Sun, 12 Aug 2001 19:17:24 -0400

    CW> BTW, has anyone made a packless FileStorage? I'm thinking
    CW> about making a portal_mail tool for the CMF that would store
    CW> messages to be sent and then send them from another process so
    CW> you don't get a really long wait if viewing a page results in
    CW> mail messages being sent to lots of people.

I don't know what a packless FileStorage has to do with this, but if
you feel semi-ambitious, you could try downloading the latest Mailman
2.1cvs snapshot.  Then your "store messages to be sent out" would
handing the message off to Mailman for it to deliver.

I haven't tried any of this, but there's two possible ways to do it in
MM2.1.  Take a look at the Mailman/Post.py file for two interfaces to
"posting a message to a list".  One involves making an in-process call
to Mailman.Post.inject(), the other involves calling Post.py as a
command line script.  The API should be explained in that file.

-Barry