[ZODB-Dev] Zope2.4 - ZEO 1.0b3 and WebDav

Jim Fulton jim@zope.com
Thu, 16 Aug 2001 11:26:54 -0400

Eric Brun wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I work on a projet and we use
> Zope 2.4 (linux) + Last Hot fix
> ZE0 1.0b3
>
> and I can't access to my server by WebDav (win98 web folders).
>
> In the wecerr.txt file (error log file) of windows 98, I have a html page of
> zope like that :
>
> ###
> Site error
> Zope has encountered a problem publishing your object.
> Object name begins with an undersore at :
> http://myserveur.univ-savoie.fr:8080/_vti_bin
> ###
>
> I don't known what is _vti_bin but I think ZEO have a problem with that.

I'm told that "_vti_bin" is a front page thing and that possibly
your client is treating Zope as a front page server.

Zope ids are not allowed to start with an underscore.

> I tried to run my server without ZEO and it's run.
> More, I tried with Zope 2.3.3 and ZEO1.0b3 and it's run too.

I really don't think it has anything to do with ZEO. I suggest
trying again and it it fails, asking your question on the
Zope mailing list.

Jim