[ZODB-Dev] Inconsistent use of ConflictError

Chris McDonough chrism@zope.com
Fri, 17 Aug 2001 09:58:04 -0400

Greg Ward wrote:

> On 16 August 2001, Chris McDonough said:
> > The conflict errors raised in the Connection class' getstate method are
> > read conflicts... nothing else (AFAIK) is.
>
> OK, thanks.  You meant *setstate*, right?  There is no
> Connection.getstate().

Right!  Get, set, what's the difference?  ;-)

> Anyways, I've fixed that, and then I actually tested the patch.  Fixed
> some bugs that turned up in ConflictError.__init__() and __str__(), and
> now it seems to be working well.  Here are some sample error messages
> generated by real conflicts:

This is pretty cool.. on the Zope side, we'll need to go clean up some
places where  we do dumb things (like "errorobj is ConflictError"), but
this looks far better than what exists.

I wonder how to keep it this way as new storages hit the pike.

- C