[ZODB-Dev] Pre-announce: Oscar 0.1

Christian Robottom Reis kiko@async.com.br
Tue, 21 Aug 2001 16:35:38 -0300 (BRT)

On Mon, 20 Aug 2001, Greg Ward wrote:

> several months ago, I cooked up a tool, Oscar for rigorously
> type-checking a Python object graph: you define an object schema
> (currently through specially-formatted class docstrings), and Oscar

Currently meaning this will change predictably? Let me just say this is
quite nice, and I'll have to implement something like this in our Domain
classes _soon_. My question is:

Does the typesystem offer any introspection? I.E., can I in runtime
discover the attributes registered for my class, and what types they are?
I need this for type-checking when sorting columns in my UI framework, so
that would come in handy.

Oh, this _is_ a runtime typecheck? :)

> In the past few weeks, I finally got around to writing the scripts and
> documentation necessary to release Oscar publicly.  Now I'm ready to do
> so, pending approval by the CNRI brass (sigh).  There's nothing

How's it going?

Ok, assuming this will be released, can I go ahead and docstring my
classes and assume I'm going to be able to do the runtime checking when
it's available? I had devised a complete typesystem based on dictionaries,
but if yours is ready and tested, I'll chuck mine.

Take care,