[ZODB-Dev] Where to report bugs

Hannu Krosing hannu@tm.ee
Thu, 23 Aug 2001 13:50:33 +0200

Toby Dickenson wrote:

> On Wed, 22 Aug 2001 19:21:16 +0500, Hannu Krosing <hannu@tm.ee> wrote:
>
> >Where should I report bugs found in Zope Storages?
>
> http://classic.zope.org:8080/Collector/

Thanks

> >1. As 1 > None is no longer true in Python 2.1, one can't use None
> >as default value for Quota
>
> I dont think this has ever been true:
>
> Python 1.5.2 (#1, Feb  1 2000, 16:32:16)  [GCC egcs-2.91.66
> 19990314/Linux (egcs- on linux-i386
> Copyright 1991-1995 Stichting Mathematisch Centrum, Amsterdam
> 0

Sorry I got it backwards:

[hannu@taru ZODB]$ python2.1 -c 'print 1>None'
1
[hannu@taru ZODB]$ python1.5 -c 'print 1>None'
0

> It would be very bad for ZCatalog if this ever does change:
> http://classic.zope.org:8080/Collector/1219/view

As it's said in collector, 'the choice whether one object is considered
smaller or larger than another one is made arbitrarily but consistently
within one execution of a program'

I'd guess that this is true even for the same python executable, but the
above paragraph implies that it may depend on unknown things ;)

Hannu