[ZODB-Dev] Pre-announce: Oscar 0.1

Greg Ward gward@mems-exchange.org
Mon, 27 Aug 2001 16:40:03 -0400

On 27 August 2001, Andrew Kuchling said:
> We have objects sitting in a database that represent things of
> interest to the business, and user-interface code on top of these
> objects provides a Web interface.  By definition, any type mismatch found
> by Grouch is a bug in our code, so it's OK if we only find out about
> it in 24 hours; we can then ask what new code has gone up in the last
> 24 hours, and how could this type mismatch have happened?

That's a bit of an over-simplification for our live site: more
realistically, it means, "What odd corner case has executed in the last
24 hours that wasn't previously tested?"  This hasn't come up so far; to
date, Grouch has mainly found errors in the object schema specifically
crafted for Grouch.  (It has found a few real type errors, but before
they got to our live site.)

        Greg
--
Greg Ward - software developer                gward@mems-exchange.org