[ZODB-Dev] debugging a zodb/zeo error

Joseph Wayne Norton norton@alum.mit.edu
Tue, 04 Dec 2001 16:24:45 +0900

Chris and Chris -

Well, it turns out that CST is not at fault.  The offending item
belongs to a small, custom product that I have built.  This product
maintains and increments a thread safe counter where each zope server
in a zeo cluster has it's own unique counter value in ram (but the
counter item object is shared via the zodb).

I reviewed all of the code and made one small adjustment but the
problem still exists. Fortunately, the counter is functioning
properly. As you said, it seems to be harmless so I'm not going to
worry about it right now ... since I am actually not quite sure how to
really fix the problem.

One thing that I realized, it would be useful to have a FAQ dedicated
*solely* to troubleshooting zope error and info messages.  This might
be like hanging one's dirty laundry out to dry but it surely might
help miminize e-mail traffic.

thanks again,

- joe