[pybsddb] Re: [ZODB-Dev] new BerkeleyDB from SleepyCat

Gregory P . Smith greg@electricrain.com
Wed, 5 Dec 2001 01:08:17 -0800

On Wed, Dec 05, 2001 at 12:42:14AM -0500, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:

>     ATS> I saw that a new BerkeleyDB was out (4.0.14)
>     ATS> I'm curious how much work is needed to be
>     ATS> done to get BerkeleyStorage to work with it?
>
>     ATS> One nice feature is single master replication.
>
> Indeed!  Neat.
>
> First we need to see if pybsddb 3.3.0 will link against it.  If so,
> then it ought to be trivial to upgrade, although you won't get access
> to the new features (APIs) until pybsddb is upgraded.
>
> -Barry

Okay, I've done the first part of the work: making the pybsddb bsddb3
module compile and pass tests with BerkeleyDB 4.0.14, its checked into
CVS.  [my commit is surrounded by {pre,post}_db_4_0_base_support tags]

--
Gregory P. Smith