[ZODB-Dev] Zope, ZEO, BTrees, and conflicts

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Wed, 12 Dec 2001 12:18:17 +0000

sean.upton@uniontrib.com wrote:

> mainly that is because I'm not running it on really fast hardware).  My head
> is toying with the idea of distributing this across several ZEO clients, but
> I'm betting there would be a lot of issues associated with doing that.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure ZEO would handle lots of writes like this badly, I'm sure
Jim or Jeremy will jump up and down on me if that's not true ;-)

> Perhaps I'm being a bit preemptively concerned, since I haven't had any
> problems here yet (or even tried anything - I want to get others more
> informed opinions here first), but I'm curious as to what possible
> activities could cause either type of ZODB conflict with multiple threads or
> clients writing to the same BTree,

Well, the new BTrees are supposed to have conflict resolution built in IIRC, so
they should stand up pretty well...

cheers,

Chris