[ZODB-Dev] BTrees questions

Martijn Faassen faassen@vet.uu.nl
Mon, 17 Dec 2001 22:19:07 +0100

Jeremy Hylton wrote:
> I think you should be using the BTree rather than the Bucket.  The
> BTree creates buckets to store elements as needed, but I don't think
> you're supposed to create them yourself.

I figured it was something like that, but it didn't say anywhere. Can
I create sets myself, btw?

I'm trying to use the ZODB to store and index large quantities of XML
data. I'm especially interested in fast retrieval of data and I need
some form of join algorithms. Here I figure the BTree module intersection etc
operators can come in handy -- are they supposed to be fast?

What happens if I keep a BTree in-memory anyway? I mean, if I just
create a BTree as a local variable, does the entire structure exist
in memory then? And how efficient is this? :)

> I've heard that there are docs somewhere, but I'm not sure where.

There's Interfaces.py, but that's all I could find so far.

Thanks,

Martijn