[ZODB-Dev] Checking transaction status?

ender kthangavelu@earthlink.net
Tue, 10 Jul 2001 06:08:01 -0700

On Tuesday 10 July 2001 12:30, Greg Ward wrote:
>>On 10 July 2001, Christian Robottom Reis said:
>>> I think (know?) this can be done with threads, but my app is really
>>> single-threaded right now, and I don't want to have to think about that
>>> right now.
>>
>>My understanding is that you can do that with multiple Connections.
>>I've never tried it, though, so I don't know how it works and I can't
>>vouch for it.

My understanding is that won't work. you could get separate object spaces
with multiple connections but of limited utility since they wouldn't have
transaction isolation. the transaction semantics assign transactions based on
thread not connection which get its accessor installed as a builtin. so all
objects get registered in the same transaction and a single commit would
commit all of them (albeit to different connections), but still not the
semantics of what christian wants.

kapil