[ZODB-Dev] connection.sync() kills _p_changed?

Greg Ward gward@mems-exchange.org
Fri, 13 Jul 2001 13:19:16 -0400

On 13 July 2001, Christian Robottom Reis said:
> Yeah, I now see you're right: the thing is I store my object's data in
> GtkEntries, so the data is actually there even if it isn't in my object at
> that moment. When I finally commit() data is pulled from the entries and
> the object is refilled with the changed values. Pretty crazy, yeah.

Then I just have to ask: why are you even bothering with ZODB?  If you
want to do persistence explicitly, Robin Dunn's bsddb3 is just fine, and
it's a lot easier to wrap your head around than ZODB.

(OK, OK, there's more to ZODB than implicit persistence.  But that's
what it really all boils down to -- the ability to save/load objects
without having to explicitly say, "Here, save this object now" or "Go
load that object from the database for me", I mean -- isn't it?)

        Greg