[ZODB-Dev] connection.sync() kills _p_changed?

Barry A. Warsaw barry@digicool.com
Fri, 13 Jul 2001 15:02:36 -0400

    GW> But I'm still learning my way around the Berkeley DB 3.x
    GW> library -- it, too, is a large and complicated beast.  Sigh.
    GW> Let's face it, databases are hard.

Indeed!  I've been deep in the bowels of bsddb3 working on the
Berkeley storage, but I have to say that Robin Dunn has done a
remarkable job with the wrapper.  Other than a minor buglet or two in
some earlier versions, I've found it quite stable and easy to use.
And its API, while very Pythonic, also map nicely onto Berkeley DB 3's
own C API, so there isn't any impedence mismatch.

-Barry