[ZODB-Dev] Pack from ZEO client kills everything

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Fri, 20 Jul 2001 14:02:31 -0700

Chris Withers wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm running Zope 2.4.0b3 and ZEO 1.0b3.
>
> Whenever I try to pack the ZODB of the Storage Server using the managment
> interface on one of the client, I get an immediate response at the client but no
> packing takes place. However, from that point on, everything appears to be hung.
>
> I can't use any of the ZEO clients and I can't connect anything new to the ZSS.
>
> Has anyone else experienced this?

Is the ZSS showing any load?  Perhaps the pack blocks and you just need
to wait for it to complete.  I'm not sure, but I do know that the ZSS is
asychronous, not thread based, so unless it launches a pack thread, I
would guess that the pack is blocking.

-Michel