[ZODB-Dev] BerkleyStorage

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Wed, 25 Jul 2001 23:33:58 +0100

> My tests indicate that Full storage (i.e undoable, versioning) is
> about twice as slow as FileStorage.  Jim thought that that wasn't too
> bad.  :)  I haven't spent any time on performance profiling, but will
> likely do that after the 1.0 final release.

Probably a stupid question, but how come?

Does this affect reads from the DB itself or reads from the Zope object
cache as well?
In what ways would this performance decrease affect the overall performance
of Zope? (I suppose the main thing I care about is will there be a noticable
increase in the time Zope takes to deliver a page?)

Is the packless version you recommended any quicker?

cheers,

Chris

PS: Thanks for all the help & sorry for all the questions :-)