[ZODB-Dev] BerkleyStorage

Jim Fulton jim@digicool.com
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 11:08:02 -0400

Toby Dickenson wrote:

> >    CW> Hmmm, sounds like BerkleyStorage is the way forward :-)
> >
> >Perhaps! :)
>
> One thing that Berkeley DB can't do (in my limited understanding) is
> replicate storage across two different machines.

Neither can FileStorage.

> If your ZEO server
> explodes, you have lost all transactions since your last backup. Is
> that right?

Actually, you are better off in this respect with berkely storage
because Berkely DB stores some redundant data that *can* allow you to
recover some transactions since the last backup.

BTW, I expect there to be a Berkeley DB implementation of Replication
Storage. It may even be the default implementation.

Jim