[ZODB-Dev] ZEO client-server security

Christian Robottom Reis kiko@async.com.br
Fri, 1 Jun 2001 17:36:16 -0300 (BRT)

On Mon, 28 May 2001, Chris Withers wrote:

> > It basically wraps a ZODB Connection as a CORBA session of object
> > references. This requires security to still be handled on the server
> > side, but at least there is a clear place where to handle it.
>
> I'm wondering whether I need to go through the heavyweight nature of CORBA
> though, as both endpoints of the connection are python already?

Well, ORBit is pretty light-weight. Beyond that, there's a reason to use
CORBA; you get transparent distributed object references, interop, and a
real API for programming as a result. Maybe you don't need all this, but
maybe you do. :-)

Take care,
--
/\/\ Christian Reis, Senior Engineer, Async Open Source, Brazil
~\/~ http://async.com.br/~kiko/ | [+55 16] 274 4311