[ZODB-Dev] Remotely mounted ZSS?

Tue, 05 Jun 2001 14:35:27 -0700

I have a ZEO setup on several boxes remotely located at an ISP NOC.  The ZEO
Clients talk to the server on a protected private network, which is remotely
accessible from my company's private office network over a dedicated/private
point-to-point T1 connection.  I'm wonder how realistic it might be to mount
the ZSS over that connection with a 1.5Mb bottleneck?  This would just be
for the purposes of populating a hierarchy of objects via a daily import of
data from a relational database running here at our offices; this would be
in the middle of the night, so I would have the full bandwidth.

Has anybody actually mounted a ZSS over a medium-bandwidth connection like a
T1?  What are the ramifications of this?  I haven't tried this on anything
less that 100Mb, and I do have alternatives to doing this, but I'm still
curious.

Sean

Sean Upton
Senior Programmer/Analyst