[ZODB-Dev] Weirdness if ZSS vanishes and then re-appears

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Mon, 26 Mar 2001 10:19:38 +0100

JXlio Dinis Silva wrote:

> > > Are you using a cvs version of ZEO or the current for download on
> > > zope.org? Are you using NT or Unix?
> >
> >Latest download of ZEO (0.4.1 I think) on NT
> >

> Well... I'll try to reproduce the problem.

Thanks :-)

> I think this could be related to winsock,i.e, some m$ft specific
> implementation or even the tcp/ip stack of NT, BTW which NT+servicepack are
> you using?

NT4, SP 6a

> Try to do a netstat in your clients when you shutdown the zss
> and see if your clients still have a socket open to your zss port or if it
> closes the socket at disconnect.

The sockets all appear to get closed fine, and as I said before, the Client even
reports on its console that it has re-connected to the storage server, it's just
that any requests which result in a ZODB write don't get anywhere.

thanks for your help,

Chris