[ZODB-Dev] StandaloneZODB at cvs.python.org

Jeremy Hylton jeremy@digicool.com
Tue, 27 Mar 2001 15:57:04 -0500 (EST)

I have created a new CVS project based on Andrew Kuchling's ZODB & ZEO
packages.  The new project is called StandaloneZODB and is available
from cvs.zope.org.

This is not an official release of any sort.  The CVS repository
contains the current development versions of the code.  The distutils
setup scripts have been tested with Python 2.1, but not with earlier
versions.  (Python 2.0 should work; Python 1.5.2 probably does not.)

checkin messages for the components in StandaloneZODB.  If you already
subscribe to the zope-checkins@zope.org list, you will see two copies
of every checkin message for the components found in both projects.

The project is tied directly to the ZODB code used in the Zope2 CVS
repository.  When a change is made to Zope, it will also appear in
StandaloneZODB, and vice versa.  Specifically, we use cvs modules to
incorporate parts of the Zope2 and ZEO code bases.

The project contains the key components you need to run ZODB and ZEO,
but not all of the ancillary packages that Andrew's distribution
includes.  I expect to add more components over time, but only those
that are expected to be useful for Python programmers using ZODB.

You can check out from cvs.zope.org by following the instructions at
http://www.zope.org/Resources/CVS_info.

If you want to find out more about ZODB, a good place to start is the
ZODB Wiki: http://www.zope.org/Wikis/ZODB/FrontPage

Jeremy