[ZODB-Dev] ANNOUNCE Berkeley storage 1.0 beta 2 for Zope/ZODB

Jason Cunliffe jasonic@nomadicsltd.com
Wed, 2 May 2001 19:04:11 -0400

Yes.

We tested various BerkeleyStorage with Zope on Win95/98/NT/Linux
thanks to Robbin Dunn's python wrappers.
It is lovely the way the .db files port directly across OS, just like Zope
:-)

The obvious gotchas we faced were the few extra installation steps to make
sure Berkeley is on the Zope python path.  And when moving storage around,
remembering to check for dumbo syntax variations when specifying system
paths.
WinNT d:\\web\\data vs. Win98 c:\web\data vs. *Linux /web/data   etc..

Precompiled Berkeley binaries for Win32 smoothed the whole installation a
lot.

-- Jason
Jason CUNLIFFE = NOMADICS['Interactive Art and Technology']