[ZODB-Dev] ZEO and Security

Jeremy Hylton jeremy@digicool.com
Mon, 7 May 2001 23:13:15 -0400 (EDT)

  MP> Tackling the authentication problem seems pretty easy, as you
  MP> point out.

  MP> This may show off my lack of security experience, but I think
  MP> that something simple like this could be cooked up with
  MP> amkCrypto:

You said it, not me <wink>.  We should *not* be in the business of
dreaming up new protocols.  Good cryptographic protocol design is far
hard.(*)  We should use an existing protocol like TLS.  The one you
just sketched is vulnerable to a man-in-the-middle attack.

Jeremy

* Abadi and Needham.  Prudent Engineering Practices for Cryptographic
  Protocols.  http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/abadi96prudent.html