[ZODB-Dev] Multiple applications accessing one storage

Wed, 16 May 2001 10:39:53 -0400

On Wed, May 16, 2001 at 04:29:07PM +0200, oivvio polite wrote:
>But what should I do about it? Is this where I should start looking into
>ZEO or is there an easier workaround?

ZEO is the obvious solution here.  I can envision clever storages that
allow concurrent access to the same file, but don't know of any.
(Does the new BerkeleyStorage support this, perhaps?)

Setting up for ZEO isn't too bad; basically you run a StorageServer
process, and then use ClientStorage in your client scripts.  See
http://www.amk.ca/zodb/guide/ for some notes that may help.

--amk