[ZODB-Dev] Multiple applications accessing one storage

Ken Manheimer klm@digicool.com
Wed, 16 May 2001 12:05:36 -0400 (EDT)

On 16 May 2001, Monty Taylor wrote:

> The other upshot is that you can connect to Zope via command line
> python: (with or without the python debugger)
>
> [Scripts for interacting with the db]

I meant to mention a somewhat general startup tool that sets things up for
interaction with the db (as well as starting and stopping a site, running
unit tests, and other such things) - see

  http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Proposals/ZopeStartupProvisions

The proposal is really instructions for using the prototype tool, zctl.py,
which is linked from the proposal.  A number of us control all our sites
using this tool - in fact, i believe the zope.org sites use it, as
well.  (I guess i'm addicted to it, because i feel lost working with a
site that lacks it.)

This proposal itself is meant to seed efforts in the core team for
packaging zope's generic startup with this kind of provision - i think
evan's

  http://www.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Proposals/InstallationAndConfiguration

is the vehicle for that.

Ken