[ZODB-Dev] bsddb3 mass creation problem.

Christian Robottom Reis kiko@async.com.br
Thu, 17 May 2001 17:30:13 -0300 (BRT)

Hi,

I'm getting the following error when creating 10,000 objects in a bsddb3
storage. I haven't had a chance to look at the code yet, but if somebody
has seen this before..

My creation loop is as follows:

    for f in range(0,10000):
        foo = a.createModel("Foo")
        foo_at = a.createAttributeType("FooAType","An Attribute Type for
Foo")
        foo.addAttributeType(foo_at)
        get_transaction().commit(1)
    get_transaction().commit()

Where a is a generic factory that creates persistent Models for me. I
wonder if I'm running into a lock issue, or if it's something else.
Note that creating only 1000 objects does work.

anthem:~/devel/stoq-X/tests> time python bsd-mass-store.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "bsd-mass-store.py", line 19, in ?
    main()
  File "bsd-mass-store.py", line 17, in main
    get_transaction().commit()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.1/site-packages/ZODB/Transaction.py", line
312, in commit
    j.commit_sub(self)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.1/site-packages/ZODB/Connection.py", line
433, in commit_sub
    self._handle_serial(s, oid, change=0)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.1/site-packages/ZODB/Connection.py", line
638, in _handle_serial
    obj._p_serial = serial
TypeError: attribute-less object (assign or del)

Take care,
--
/\/\ Christian Reis, Senior Engineer, Async Open Source, Brazil
~\/~ http://async.com.br/~kiko/ | [+55 16] 274 4311