[ZODB-Dev] ZODB concorrent access [newbie]

Christian Robottom Reis kiko@async.com.br
Thu, 17 May 2001 19:02:43 -0300 (BRT)

On Thu, 17 May 2001, Chris Withers wrote:

> > So I'm guessing that applications should share a single storage through a
> > shared ZODB or connection object. Am I correct? If it's true, then a
> > server-like program would have to run to permit sharing that. It sounds
>
> Is ZEO what you're looking for? (search for it on zope.org...)

Yes, I knew of ZEO as a solution. However, I wondered why concurrency
support was mentioned as a feature of ZODB -- now I've realized that
multithreaded applications, for example, will access the same database
connection and query and update objects simultaneously, thus the need for
ZODB concurrency.

Am I correct, though?

Take care,
--
/\/\ Christian Reis, Senior Engineer, Async Open Source, Brazil
~\/~ http://async.com.br/~kiko/ | [+55 16] 274 4311