[ZODB-Dev] bsddb3Storage locking

Christian Robottom Reis kiko@async.com.br
Thu, 17 May 2001 19:30:24 -0300 (BRT)

Hey there,

I'm doing creation of large numbers of objects and storing them in a db3
storage; right now I'm testing creation of 10,000 and 100,000 objects.
I've run into the lock problem mentioned in the release notes (and,
answering the question posted there, the limit is set to 1,000 for Full)
and I'm inspecting the database for statistics.

I'm wondering, however, why, if a single process is accessing the Storage,
we're using up so many locks on commit() -- IOW when we're actually
writing out the file. (I don't know much about bsddb3 locking, so I guess
this is kind of clueless to ask.) Is this normal? (reading through
bsdstorage docs..)

Take care,
--
/\/\ Christian Reis, Senior Engineer, Async Open Source, Brazil
~\/~ http://async.com.br/~kiko/ | [+55 16] 274 4311