[ZODB-Dev] can't get zeo up to run

Greg Ward gward@mems-exchange.org
Fri, 18 May 2001 09:14:05 -0400

On 18 May 2001, oivvio polite said:
> OK this is the output of
>      strace /etc/rc.d/init.d/zeo start
> Unfortunately It's in a tounge unfamiliar to me.
> Anything in here that looks funny to the trained eye?

The init.d script is most likely relevant here; you want to see what's
going on in zeod itself.  ISTR that zeod has an option to run in the
foreground, ie. not fork and detach like daemons do in production mode.
(This sort of option is essential for debuggin daemons!)  Hmmm, I don't
see an explicit "don't fork" option in zeod.  Have you tried running it
with -D, which sets a debug flag to true?  Dunno what *that* does, but
it might help.

Finally, I admit I haven't been following this thread too closely, but I
don't recall seeing an explicit traceback or other explanation of what
zeod is doing that you don't expect it to do.

        Greg