[ZODB-Dev] CHAP with ZEO

A.M. Kuchling akuchlin@mems-exchange.org
Mon, 21 May 2001 22:41:29 -0400

On Mon, May 21, 2001 at 08:31:24PM -0600, Bill Anderson wrote:
>IOW, "It's less than perfect, so we shouldn't do it" is a worse policy
>than providing minimal capability. And that seems to be the policy I am
>seeing here.

True, and the Python community does tend to err too muuch toward
perfection, but in this case it seems that using a more secure
protocol wouldn't be too big a leap.  Heck, M2Crypto provides a fairly
complete OpenSSL wrapper, so SSL support shouldn't be much more
difficult (he said breezily, knowing he wouldn't be trying to
implement it in the near future).

--amk