[ZODB-Dev] Using Catalog and BTrees

Jim Fulton jim@digicool.com
Tue, 22 May 2001 07:08:56 -0400

Christian Robottom Reis wrote:

> Okay, since I've spent my week or so looking off-handedly with no hits,
> I'm in shock understanding there is no documentation for using Catalog and
> BTrees outside of Zope.

BTrees are very simple. They are documented (to a large degree) by the
the interface module, Interfaces.py.

Catalog is much tougher, especially since it's been in a state
of significant flux.  It's really not being maintained/packaged
in a way that makes it suitable for use outside of Zope at this
time.

> Since I'm sure it has been done (there's a half-baked HOWTO on
> zope.org)

I'm not at all sure that catalog has been used outside of
Zope. In fact, I doubt it has.

Jim