[ZODB-Dev] Number of clients connecting to a ZEO Server

Christian Robottom Reis kiko@async.com.br
Tue, 22 May 2001 11:37:21 -0300 (BRT)

On Tue, 22 May 2001, Jim Fulton wrote:

> Chris Withers wrote:
> >
> > Finally, what's the minimum I need, in terms of libraries, etc, to open a ZEO
> > connection to a storage server so I can start playing with objects in the ZODB?
>
> Sadly, you need a little more than you should. This includes:
>
>   - ZEO
>   - ZODB
>   - ExtensionClass
>   - Python 2.1 or Zope's cPickle and asyncore
>   - zdaemon, zLOG, ThreadedAsync, Persistence

It should be pointed out that apart from Python (2.1 includes cPickle and
asyncore, but I believe they are Sold Separately as well if you want to
use 1.5.2 or 2.0), everything you need is included in the StandaloneZODB
module in Zope CVS, which makes it _much_ easier to use than it would
seem.

Take care,
--
/\/\ Christian Reis, Senior Engineer, Async Open Source, Brazil
~\/~ http://async.com.br/~kiko/ | [+55 16] 274 4311